Can I redeem my RRSP+ if I leave Canada?

You can withdraw or transfer your RRSP+ if you have left Canada permanently.

If you emigrate permanently from Canada, you can withdraw your RRSP+ provided that no contribution has been made for at least 730 days (two years).


The shareholder, their spouse and dependent children must have permanently emigrated from Canada


must have permanently left their residence and employment.

Documents required:

The Fonds de solidarité FTQ form which includes a section entitled “Shareholder’s Solemn Declaration” stating that the family has permanently emigrated from Canada


proof of employment in the host country, a work permit or proof of citizenship


proof of residence in the host country.

Eligible shares:

All shares that have been held for at least two years in the shareholder’s account.

Subsequent share acquisition:


Disbursement terms and conditions:

A single payment once all the shares become eligible. Transfer to another plan is permitted.

Do you have more questions?

Our agents will be pleased to answer any questions you may have at:

Legal Notes
Please read the prospectus before buying Fonds de solidarité FTQ shares. Copies of the prospectus may be obtained on the Website, from a local representative or at the offices of the Fonds de solidarité FTQ. The indicated rates of return are the historical annual compounded total returns including changes in share value and reinvestment of all dividends and do not take into account income taxes payable by any security holder that would have reduced returns. The shares of the Fonds de solidarité FTQ are not guaranteed, their value changes and past performance may not be repeated.