Start saving, and continue making the most of your life!
Start saving for less without the stress with the RRSP+.
The RRSP+ isn't just for retirement!
Do something positive with your savings
Here are a few ideas to turn what can seem a dull action into a rewarding result.
Start saving automatically.
Set up a periodic bank transfer to an RRSP+. This approach pays off even if you save as little as $20, $25 or $50 at a time. In just a few weeks, without really noticing it, you'll have acquired a new savings habit that will serve you well throughout your life.
When you choose the Fonds, you're making a socially responsible investment in support of corporate citizens that respect their workers.
You often hear the question: “Is it really better to start saving early?”
Say you contribute $1,500 a year to your RRSP+ starting at age 25 and continue to do so for 30 years. The money will grow over time since it's tax sheltered (it's in your RRSP after all!). Given an average annual return of 3%*, you'll have saved $71,363 by the time you're 55.
If you wait until your early forties to save the same $45,000 by contributing $3,000 a year for 15 years at the same average annual return of 3%, you'll have $55,797 when you're 55, or about 25% less!
Notes*Based on the economic and financial outlook and on our mission and investment strategies, the Fonds de solidarité FTQ is targeting an average annual return of 3% to 3.5% over the long term. The rate of return is used only to illustrate the effects of the compound growth rate and is not intended to reflect future values of the Fonds de solidarité FTQ's share.
The RRSP+ is a simple, safe and proven savings instrument. You benefit from your money being invested in a tax shelter as well as from a return that mirrors the dynamism of the markets.
What are the benefits of an RRSP+ with the Fonds? Here are a few of the features that make all the difference:
- The RRSP+ offers an additional 30% in tax savings.*
- The Fonds supports local businesses and helps create, maintain or save thousands of jobs.
- You can contribute by payroll deduction, which saves you money on each paycheque.
- You don't have to wait until retirement to make the most of your RRSP+! You can use the money you've saved to buy your first home or go back to school.
Notes*The tax credits granted to the shareholders of the Fonds are 15% at the federal level and 15% at the provincial level. Tax credits are capped at $1,500 per tax year, which corresponds to purchases of Fonds de solidarité FTQ shares having a value of $5,000.
Why choose the Fonds?
An additional 30% in tax savings really adds up.*
We'll accompany you throughout your life.
You'll be supporting hundreds of local businesses.
Did you know?
It pays to start early!
Check out the following examples:
Charles began saving $2,000 a year at 45. At 65, based on a 3% return, he'll have saved $53,741 by contributing $40,000.
For her part, Maude began saving at 25 and saved $1,000 a year for 40 years. At the same 3% rate of return, she'll have saved $75,401 by the time she's 65, about $20,000 more than Charles
* Based on the economic and financial outlook and on our mission and investment strategies, the Fonds de solidarité FTQ is targeting an average annual return of 3% to 3.5% over the long term. The rate of return is used only to illustrate the effects of the compound growth rate and is not intended to reflect future values of the Fonds de solidarité FTQ's share.
Calculate your tax savings
My annual taxable income is
I would like to contribute:
Tax savings: $1,437.50
Most frequently asked questions
Saving without tightening your belt is easy with an RRSP+ with the Fonds.
Prospectus_EN ( 641 Kb )