What can I do with my RRSP+ if I have, or someone in my family has, a terminal critical illness.

If you, your spouse or dependent child has a serious and irreversible illness, you can request the withdrawal or transfer of your RRSP+.

In such a case, you need only complete the redemption request form that one of our Shareholder Services agents will send to you and return it to the Fonds along with the attending physician's statement that the person concerned is terminally ill.


The shareholder, their spouse or dependent child must have a serious and irreversible illness which has reached a terminal phase.

Documents required:

The Fonds de solidarité FTQ form


the declaration of the attending physician stating that the person is terminally ill.

Eligible shares:

All shares held.

Subsequent share acquisition:

Impossible or after one year, if the shareholder invoked this criterion for their spouse or dependent child.

Disbursement terms and conditions:

All shares held (a maximum of two instalments). Transfer to another plan is permitted.

Do you have more questions?

Our agents will be pleased to answer any questions you may have at:

Legal Notes
Please read the prospectus before buying Fonds de solidarité FTQ shares. Copies of the prospectus may be obtained on the Website fondsftq.com, from a local representative or at the offices of the Fonds de solidarité FTQ. The indicated rates of return are the historical annual compounded total returns including changes in share value and reinvestment of all dividends and do not take into account income taxes payable by any security holder that would have reduced returns. The shares of the Fonds de solidarité FTQ are not guaranteed, their value changes and past performance may not be repeated.