I have a spousal RRSP+, and my contributing spouse has died. How should I proceed?

If the person who contributed to your spousal RRSP+ dies, you can submit a redemption for shares or mutual fund units held in this plan.

The spousal RRSP+ holder should contact a Shareholder Services agent or a FlexiFonds mutual fund advisor. The agent or advisor will provide the information needed to submit a request.


The Fonds shareholder who is the beneficiary of a spousal RRSP+ may request the redemption of the shares, if the person who contributed to such spousal RRSP+ dies.

Unitholders may redeem mutual fund units held in this plan at any time.

Documents required:

Written request: follow these steps to make a written request.


Proof of death for the person who contributed to this spousal RRSP+, such as an attestation of death issued by a doctor, a death certificate issued by a funeral director, or a copy of the death record issued by the government (proof of death is required only for shareholders, not for unitholders).

Eligible shares:

All shares held.

Eligible mutual funds units:

All units held.

Do you have more questions?

Our agents will be pleased to answer any questions you may have at:

Legal Notes
Please read the prospectus before buying Fonds de solidarité FTQ shares. Copies of the prospectus may be obtained on the Website fondsftq.com, from a local representative or at the offices of the Fonds de solidarité FTQ. The indicated rates of return are the historical annual compounded total returns including changes in share value and reinvestment of all dividends and do not take into account income taxes payable by any security holder that would have reduced returns. The shares of the Fonds de solidarité FTQ are not guaranteed, their value changes and past performance may not be repeated.