Can I cancel a HBP request?

If your plans don't work out, you can cancel your participation in the HBP by December 31 of the year following the withdrawal year.

If the disbursement has not been made already, notify Shareholder Services, and we’ll close your request.

If the disbursement has already been made, you’ll need to send a cheque payable to the Fonds de solidarité FTQ in the amount* of the shares redeemed, indicating that you are canceling your request.

You’ll also need to notify the government by completing the cancellation Form RC471 available on the Canada Revenue Agency website.

Subsequenly, we’ll issue you an RRSP tax receipt that you must attach to the Canada Revenue Agency cancellation form.


*Shares are purchased at the price in effect at the time of cancellation.

Do you have more questions?

Our agents will be pleased to answer any questions you may have at:

Legal Notes
Please read the prospectus before buying Fonds de solidarité FTQ shares. Copies of the prospectus may be obtained on the Website, from a local representative or at the offices of the Fonds de solidarité FTQ. The indicated rates of return are the historical annual compounded total returns including changes in share value and reinvestment of all dividends and do not take into account income taxes payable by any security holder that would have reduced returns. The shares of the Fonds de solidarité FTQ are not guaranteed, their value changes and past performance may not be repeated.