I have a spousal RRSP, and my contributing spouse has died. How should I proceed?

If the person who contributed to your spousal RRSP dies, you can submit a redemption for shares held in this plan.

The spousal RRSP holder should contact Shareholder Services. The agent will provide the information needed to submit a request.


The shareholder who is the beneficiary of a spousal RRSP may request the redemption of the shares held in such a plan, if the person who contributed to such spousal RRSP dies.

Documents required:

Written request


proof of the death of the person who contributed to such RRSP (attestation of death by a physician, death certificate issuedby a thanatologist or a copy of the death certificate issued by the government).

Eligible shares:

All shares held.

Do you have more questions?

Our agents will be pleased to answer any questions you may have at:

Legal Notes
Please read the prospectus before buying Fonds de solidarité FTQ shares. Copies of the prospectus may be obtained on the Website fondsftq.com, from a local representative or at the offices of the Fonds de solidarité FTQ. The indicated rates of return are the historical annual compounded total returns including changes in share value and reinvestment of all dividends and do not take into account income taxes payable by any security holder that would have reduced returns. The shares of the Fonds de solidarité FTQ are not guaranteed, their value changes and past performance may not be repeated.
Prospectus_EN ( 682 Kb )