In keeping with its mission to maintain and create jobs, the Fonds de solidarité FTQ lets you redeem part of your savings if you have set up or or acquired a new business. Note that you have one year from the date on which the business was founded or acquired to submit your redemption request under this criterion.
The shareholder must show that the business is duly constitutedAND
must show that they are the owner of the business (alone or with others) and that they participate in the decision‑making processAND
must show that the injection of capital will create or maintain at least one full-time permanent jobAND
must show that the business is a going concern and not a seasonal business, unless the business operates several seasonal activities throughout the year.
The Fonds de solidarité FTQ formAND
a declaration of registration or certificate of incorporationAND
proof of creation or retention of a full-time permanent job
If the job created or maintained is the shareholder’s, provide one of the following:
- employment record or letter from the employer confirming the end of an employment at which the shareholder worked full-time
- recent proof of the termination of employment insurance benefits
- proof of the end of a contract under which the shareholder worked full-time
- proof of admission into a government program
If the job created or maintained is not the shareholder’s, provide one of the following:
- monthly remittances to the Québec and federal governments
- pay slips showing a full-time permanent job
proof that the business is a going concern.
For a new business in operation for less than a year
- recent invoices from suppliers and customers after the business was registered
- GST and QST numbers
- a commercial lease or operating permit (if applicable)
For a business already in operation acquired less than a year ago:
- a notarized deed of sale
- a purchase contract.
All shares held for at least two years.
Subsequent share acquisition:
Two years after purchase by the Fonds de solidarité FTQ.
Disbursement terms and conditions:
A single payment of a net value of $30,000 or a lesser amount if the analysis conducted by the Fonds de solidarité FTQ shows a financial need less than $30,000.
The shareholder can only invoke this criterion once.