Save and score
From January 18th, 2024 to February 29th, 2024
Take a chance to win:
1 of the 5 prizes of $1,000 in cash, which can be used for an investment in a savings product offered by the FlexiFonds de solidarité FTQ inc. a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Fonds de solidarité FTQ.
One (1) pair of tickets in the red section for a Habs play along with a $100 food credit per ticket to use at any of the food concessions at the Bell Centre.
One (1) CAD $800 gift card of one of the Fonds's partner companies or the Fonds régionaux de solidarité FTQ.
How to enter the contest
By subscribing or having subscribed, between January 1st, 2023, and February 29, 2024, for the 2023 taxation year, on the FlexiFond’s online platform or through a FlexiFonds mutual fund advisor, to a minimum and cumulative investment of $500 by automatic instalments or in one or more lump sum instalments, in a RRSP in a FlexiFonds mutual fund
by completing the registration form accessible by clicking the "I register" button below, between January 18, 2024, at 00:01 a.m. and February 29, 2024, at 11:59 p.m.
CONTEST RULES - "SAVE AND SCORE"
IN CONNECTION WITH FLEXIFONDS DE SOLIDARITÉ FTQ'S MARKETING ACTIVITIES
THE DRAW WILL BE HELD IN MONTREAL,
ON MARCH 7, 2024.
Duration of the contest
The "Save and Score" contest (hereinafter referred to as the "Contest") is held as part of FlexiFonds's marketing activities. It is held by the Fonds de solidarité des travailleurs du Québec (F.T.Q.) (hereinafter referred to as the "Fonds" or the "Fonds de solidarité FTQ") and is held in the Province of Québec exclusively, from January 18, 2024 00h01 to February 29, 2024 at 23h59.
Conditions for participation in the Contest
- This contest is intended for anyone 18 years of age or older who has a tax residence in the province of Quebec. To be eligible for the Contest, individuals must participate between January 18, 2024 and February 29, 2024 in one of the ways described below.
- Employees and directors of the Fonds and its network (Fonds régional de solidarité FTQ, Fonds locaux de solidarité FTQ, Fonds immobilier de solidarité FTQ and FlexiFonds de solidarité FTQ inc.), local and local officials, employees of the Fédération des travailleurs et travailleuses du Québec, and persons with whom such employees, directors and local representatives reside are not eligible à for this Contest.
How to participate
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
- During the term of the Contest, any eligible person may obtain one (1) participation in one of the following ways:
By subscribing, or having subscribed, between January 1, 2023 and February 29, 2024, for the 2023 taxation year, on the FlexiFond's online platform1 or through a FlexiFonds mutual fund advisor, to a minimum and cumulative investment of $500 by automatic instalments or in one or more lump sum instalments, in a RRSP in a FlexiFonds mutual fund and by completing the registration form available at https://www.fondsftq.com/en/contests/save-and-score-2024, between January 18, 2024 00h01 and February 29, 2024 at 23h59.
To make any contribution, you will be referred to FlexiFonds de solidarité FTQ inc.2, a mutual fund dealer. The FlexiFonds online platform will determine which financial product offered by the dealer suits your investor profile. There may be no financial product offered by the dealer that is suitable for your investor profile. In this case, it is also possible to participate in the Contest as described below.
By sending a letter of at least fifty (50) words explaining which retirement project would contribute to a $1,000 investment in a savings product offered by FlexiFonds de solidarité FTQ inc. and by providing in your letter the following personal information: name, given name, age, complete address (including postal code), telephone number (including area code) in order to reach you and by completing the registration form available at https://www.fondsftq.com/en/contests/save-and-score-2024, between January 18, 2024 00h01 and February 29, 2024 at 23h59.
Your letter must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following mailing address no later than the last day of the contest, i.e. February 29, 2024 (the obliteration being evidenced in the case of the mailing), under pain of nullity:
Save and Score Contest
Fonds de solidarité FTQ
200-545 Crémazie Blvd
Montreal, QC H2M 2W4
Submissions thus obtained are subject to the same conditions of participation as those obtained through a contribution.
- One participation per person, for the duration of the Contest;
- The chances of winning are based on the number of participants.
- Award: Five (5) winners will each win:
- CAD $1,000 in cash, which can be used for an investment in a savings product offered by the FlexiFonds de solidarité FTQ inc. a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Fonds de solidarité FTQ. The remittance of the amount and the investment that may result are subject to the terms and conditions described in paragraph 4 of the "Method of awarding of the price" section of this Rules; and
- One (1) pair of tickets to the Bell Centre to attend a Montreal Canadiens hockey game, as well as a food credit of CAD $100 per ticket to use in one of the Bell Centre food concessions, with a total value of CAD $800;
- One (1) CAD $800 gift card of one of the Fonds's partner companies or the Fonds régionaux de solidarité FTQ3
- Cumulative value of the prizes: CAD $9 000. Each Prize indicated below is non-exchangeable and non-transferable for money. Where applicable, all expenses and fees not provided in this Rules shall be borne by the winner.
Method of awarding Prize
- Using the automatic function of a software program, five (5) individuals will be selected randomly among the participants in the Contest. The draw will be held at the Fonds de solidarité FTQ's head office in Montréal on March 7, 2024.
- The results will be recorded by a representative of the Fonds de solidarité FTQ.
- Before you are declared a winner, you must:
- Be reached by the Fonds within five (5) business days of the draw;
- Have answered correctly, the mathematical skill question referred to in the registration form;
- Complete and return to the Fonds, within five (5) business days the Declaration and Release of Liability form sent to you by the Fonds.
- By signing the Declaration and Release of Liability form, you will agree:
- Your price as described in this Contest Rules;
- To be referred to FlexiFonds de solidarité FTQ inc.2, a mutual fund dealer, to complete any subscription process. A mutual fund advisor will determine the financial product offered by the dealer that suits your investor profile to invest in the FlexiFonds product. If no financial product offered by the broker is suitable for your investor profile, the prize may be awarded in cash;
- To be liable for any tax consequences arising from the acceptance of the price. If you exceed your permitted contributions for the 2023 tax year, you can carry forward the unused amount;
- That you cannot transfer or sell your prize to another person or replace it with another prize.
- Failing compliance with all the conditions set out in this Rules, the participation of the person will be cancelled, and a new draw will be made, in accordance with this Rules, until a new participant is selected and declared to be a winner.
- The names of the winners will be published on the Fond's website at https://www.fondsftq.com/en/contests/save-and-score-2024.
- The winner of a prize releases the Fonds, which is the organizer of the Contest, its advertising and promotional agencies, as well as its employees, agents and representatives, from any and all liability for any damage that he or she may suffer as a result of accepting or using his or her prize, including any tax consequences.
- The Fonds, its advertising and promotional agencies and its employees, agents and representatives shall not be liable for any defect in the Internet or the website, for any technical defect or problem with a network or telephone line, or for any on-line computer system, server, address provider, computer hardware or software, for the non-delivery or non-receipt of any e-mail message, for any damage or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, to or through the use of such e-mail indirectly, in whole or in part, by downloading any Internet page or software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on a website, or any combination thereof, including damage to a participant's computer or the computer of any other person used to participate in the Contest, to receive any material about the Contest or to accept a prizes.
- The Fonds reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend, in whole or in part, this Contest in the event that an event or any human intervention occurs that may corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or conduct of the Contest as provided in this Rules. In all cases, the Fonds, its subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, its suppliers of products or services related to this Contest and its employees, agents and representatives may not be required to award more prizes or award one or more prizes otherwise than in accordance with this Rules.
- If you are in doubt as to the organization or performance of the Contest, you may contact a legal advisor or the common law courts, for example the small claims.
- This Rules are published on the Fonds de solidarité FTQ's website at https://www.fondsftq.com/en/contests/save-and-score-2024.
The Fonds wishes to collect, use and communicate your personal information in order to manage the organization of these Contest. The Fonds also wishes to collect and use your contribution amount to validate your eligibility for the Contest.. In the event that you are one of the winners of the contest, the Fonds also wishes to collect, use and disclose your personal information for advertising purposes, including your name, contact information, photo / image / voice, place of residence and any declarations relating to the prize, without any form of remuneration.
The Fonds will be required to disclose your personal information to the business partners with whom it collaborates to carry out these contests. These may in particular be sports clubs. Your personal information will generally be kept in Qubec. However, it is possible that the disclosure of your personal information to the claimant could result in the transfer of your personal information outside Quebec. In such cases, the Fonds will pre-approve all applicable privacy laws and practices in the jurisdiction and ensure adequate protection of your personal information.
For more information, please refer to the Privacy Notice.
You may, at any time, access and modify your personal information provided under the Contest, withdraw your consent in the cases that allow it, and ask us questions about how your personal information is treated under the Contest. To exercise your rights, request the withdrawal of your consent or file a complaint regarding their processing, please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
1 The FlexiFonds online platform is available at the following website: My online account | Fonds FTQ.
2 The mutual fund dealer FlexiFonds de solidarité FTQ inc., wholly owned by the Fonds de solidarité FTQ, distributes, in Québec only, the units of the FlexiFonds funds, which are mutual funds. FlexiFonds de solidarité FTQ inc. does not distribute the units of any other mutual fund. An investment in a mutual fund may result in management fees and other expenses. Please consult your mutual fund representative and read the prospectus and the fund facts documents for the FlexiFonds funds before investing. The FlexiFonds units are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government deposit insurer. The FlexiFonds fund units are not guaranteed, their values change frequently, and past performance may not be repeated.
3 The gift card will be offered to winners who are unable to attend the hockey game.