What happens to my RRSP+ upon my death?

In case of death, the liquidator of your estate must submit a redemption request to the Fonds so that the value of your portfolio is transferred to your estate.

The liquidator must contact Shareholder Services. The agent will provide the necessary information and documentation so that a request can be submitted.


The person to whom the shares were assigned by succession must submit a written request for redemption.

Documents required:

Written request


proof of the shareholder’s death (attestation of death by a physician, death certificate issued by a thanatologist or a copy of the death certificate issued by the government)


the original or true copy (certified photocopy) of the will* and marriage contract if it contains a testamentary provision, or, in the absence of the above-mentioned documents, a sworn declaration of transmission by death


document showing testamentary search with the Registre des dispositions testamentaires et des mandats du Québec.

*Probate of the will is required if it is a holograph will or a will made before witnesses.

Eligible shares:

All shares held (cheque issued to the succession or transfer to another plan).


*Probate of the will is required if it is a holograph will or a will made before witnesses.

Do you have more questions?

Our agents will be pleased to answer any questions you may have at:

1 800 567-3663
Legal Notes
Please read the prospectus before buying Fonds de solidarité FTQ shares. Copies of the prospectus may be obtained on the Website fondsftq.com, from a local representative or at the offices of the Fonds de solidarité FTQ. The indicated rates of return are the historical annual compounded total returns including changes in share value and reinvestment of all dividends and do not take into account income taxes payable by any security holder that would have reduced returns. The shares of the Fonds de solidarité FTQ are not guaranteed, their value changes and past performance may not be repeated.
Prospectus En ( 641 Kb )