Growing and developing my business

You can use your RRSP with the Fonds to grow your business! The Fonds allows you to redeem your shares and inject this capital into your new business to develop it and thereby create or maintain jobs.

Contact Shareholder Services to have your request evaluated and to obtain the necessary documents.

For more information on growing a business, please refer to the Fonds’ prospectus.

What are the eligibility criteria?

The shareholder must show that:

  • The business is duly constituted and was founded or acquired less than a year ago;
  • He or she is the owner of the business (alone or with others) and participates in the decision-making process;
  • The capital injection will create or maintain at least one full-time permanent job;
  • The business is a going concern.
What amount can I withdraw from my RRSP?

All shares held for at least two years may be redeemed in a single payment equal to the value of the eligible shares.

Which documents must I provide?
  • The Fonds’ “Redemption Request – Capital Injection into a Business Founded or Acquired less than a Year Ago” form (provided by Shareholder Services);
  • A declaration of registration or certificate of incorporation;
  • Proof of creation or maintenance of a full-time permanent job;
  • Proof that the business is a going concern.

If the job created or maintained is the shareholder’s, the following must be provided:

  • Employment record or letter from the employer confirming the end of employment;
  • Recent proof of termination of employment insurance benefits;
  • Proof of end of a contract;
  • Proof of acceptance into a government program.

If the job created or maintained is not the shareholder’s, one of the following proofs must be provided:

  • Monthly remittances to the Québec and federal governments;
  • Pay slips.

Finance your business projects with our regional and local funds

Our regional funds and local funds promote local economic development and are available to financially support your business projects. Don’t hesitate to contact the regional or local funds near you. 

Please read the prospectus before investing. Copies of the prospectus may be obtained on its Website, from a local representative or at the offices of the Fonds de solidarité FTQ. The shares of the Fonds de solidarité FTQ are not guaranteed, their value changes and past performance may not be repeated.

Contact us