The event was really well attended and attracted some 200 participants, including the general public.
PRI (Principles for Responsible Investment) signatory members undertook to apply the following six principles issued by the United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI):
- We will incorporate environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
Which PRI signatories are members of the réseau?
All in all, as of February 19, 2013, the Réseau PRI Québec was comprised of 26 institutional signatories, including (in alphabetical order) Addenda Capital, Bâtirente, Caisse d’économie solidaire Desjardins, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, Desjardins Funds, Fondaction CSN, Fonds de solidarité FTQ, Hexavest, HR Strategies, Mercer, Montrusco Bolton Investments, SSQ Financial Group and the pension plans of Université de Montréal and Université du Québec.
Having more sway
The objective of this network is to have more sway with companies or on topics that are relevant to all PRI signatory investors. One of its missions is to make investors aware of the importance of integrating environmental, social and governance considerations into their investment activities and decisions. By combining their expertise, the signatories can also emphasize responsible investment best practices.
Le partenaire PME, special issue
The Fonds de solidarité FTQ published a special issue of Le Partenaire PME, an institutional newsletter, on this symposium and socially responsible investments.