By choosing SÉCURIFONDS, you purchase an annuity contract from SSQ, Life Insurance Company Inc., the partner with whom the Fonds de solidarité FTQ has entered into an agreement so that its shareholders may obtain a safe retirement product.
What are the SÉCURIFONDS features*?
- The capital rolled over from your RRSP is invested in a balanced segregated fund.
- You benefit from a maturity guarantee of 100% of the capital invested at the time of subscription **.
- In the event of death, interest at an annual simple rate of 4% on the capital invested is added to the 100% guarantee***.
* For more details on SÉCURIFONDS, refer to the Information Folder.
** The application date of the maturity guarantee depends on the age of the annuitant at the time the first contribution is made to a fund in the contract:
- If, at that time, the annuitant is age 55 or younger, the application date of the maturity guarantee is the date of the annuitant’s 65th birthday;
- If, at that time, the annuitant is over age 55, the application date of the maturity guarantee is the end of the 10-year period that follows this contribution.
The application date of the maturity guarantee is established separately for each contract. It is established based on the date of the first contribution to a fund. Subsequent contributions made to the same contract do not affect the application date. For more details, refer to the Information Folder.
*** The guaranteed value upon death is 100% of all contributions made to funds in the contract for this guarantee, plus an annual simple return of 4% calculated daily, if the death of the annuitant occurs before age 80. If the death of the annuitant occurs at age 80 or older, this guaranteed value is 100% of all contributions made to funds in the contract for this guarantee. For more details, refer to the Information Folder.